Alderney Literary Trust
Terms & Condition
Last Updated 27 October 2022
1. All sales are issued subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Alderney Literary Trust. No order will be accepted until we have received payment of the whole of the price of the tickets that you order. By accepting your order we create a legally binding contract between ourselves and you.
2. Please check your ticket(s) or ticket confirmation email as mistakes cannot always be corrected.
3. Tickets will only be posted to customers in the Channel Islands. Other tickets bought online are to be collected in person at the event. Ticket sales confirmation emails must be produced as proof of purchase.
4. Concessions are available to young adults under 18. Proof of entitlement will be required. Young adult tickets are restricted to a maximum number per event. The Alderney Literary Trust reserve the right to cancel tickets allocated in excess of this number.
5. The Trust regrets that once purchased, tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled, or if details of the event are significantly changed after an order is placed. In the event of the cancellation/change of an event, The Alderney Literary Trust will only refund the face value of the ticket. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged performance.
6. If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or changed, The Alderney Literary Trust will use reasonable endeavours to notify ticket holders of the cancellation/change. Please note that The Trust cannot guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
7. The Alderney Literary Trust reserves the right to refuse admission should ticket holders breach any Rules and Regulations of The Alderney Literary Trust.
8. Events start punctually. For the Alderney Literary Festival and other speaker events, ticket-holders should be in their seats 5 minutes before the start of the event. Late arrivals will not be admitted after the start of the event to minimise disruption to the speaker and audience, and no refund will be given. The Trust reserves the right to resell seats of ticket-holders who are not in their seats 5 minutes before the start of the event.
9. The Alderney Literary Trust cannot be held responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen or for any personal property on the Festival premises.
10. The Alderney Literary Trust reserves the right to cancel ticket bookings that it reasonably suspects to have been made fraudulently.
11. Tickets are sold subject to The Alderney Literary Trust's right to alter or vary the programme due to circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
12. If a ticket is resold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than The Alderney Literary Trust, it may be voided and the ticket-holder may be refused entry to, required to exit from, and/or banned or excluded from any Alderney Literary Trust event .
13. Payment by dishonoured cheque(s) will render the ticket(s) invalid.
14. The Alderney Literary Trust operates a No Smoking policy in all its event venues.
15. All personal data is managed in accordance with Guernsey Data Protection. Visit the Privacy Page for more information.
16. The unauthorised use of video, photographic, and recording equipment during talks and panel discussions is prohibited.
17. Ticket holders consent to being filmed, photographed, and recorded as members of the audience. The resulting film footage, images, and recordings may be used to promote The Alderney Literary Festival and its activities in print, in the media, and on websites.
18. Persons taking photographs in event venues during the event agree not upload to social media or share with a wider audience any photographs which are disrespectful to authors attending the Festival, or which focus on guests, staff, and/or children without appropriate consent. Persons publishing photographs which bring the Trust and/or its events into disrepute or are disrespectful of any guest or staff will have their remaining tickets cancelled and will be refused entry to future Trust events.
19. If an event is rescheduled, ticket holders will be offered tickets to the rescheduled event, equivalent to the face value of the ticket
20. The ticket holder must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and regulations while attending the event. Breach of any of these conditions or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance, or injury shall enable the Trust to remove ticket holder from the venue.
22. Under-18s/school parties/those in need of special care are the responsibility of their parents/guardians/teachers/carers who must ensure appropriate behaviour is followed in the Trust event venues. Failure may result in the ticket holder being refused entry, or required to leave the event.
23. The Alderney Literary Trust reserves the right to alter, suspend or remove concessions and availability without prior notice. This does not affect your statutory rights.
24. All advertised discounts are subject to availability and offered at The Alderney Literary Trust’s discretion. Promotions are subject to availability and may be subject to pre-set eligibility criteria (as defined at the point of promotion).
25. Any liability that The Alderney Literary Trust and its officers and agents may have to ticket-holders under any circumstances will be limited to the total amount expended by the individual ticket holder with The Alderney Literary Trust during the transaction giving rise to the claim.
26. Ticket holders acknowledge that they are responsible for the payment of ticket(s) and/or any loss or damage they may cause at The Alderney Literary Trust and/or third parties it may act on behalf of.
27. To the fullest extent permissible in law, The Alderney Literary Trust shall be entitled to assign any of its rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
29. If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision(s) and remainder of the Agreement valid or enforceable.
30. The Alderney Literary Trust reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions without prior notification.